Line: S.H. D-Arts
Likes: Serving Tea, Drinking Tea, Enjoying the peace and quiet, Beelzemon
Dislikes: Bad weather, Fighting, Ankh
Backstory: The first member of the Action Family, WarGreymon knows all the ins and outs of being a plastic figure on the shelf and as such, has learned to take most everyday problems in stride. He can usually be found watching the sun rise, or feeling the breeze on his face while he drinks his favorite food in the world; Lemon Tea. He has a not so secret connection with his fellow Digimon and D-Arts figure, Beelzemon, although neither of them will admit it aloud.
Despite detesting any sort of fighting, Wargreymon regularly sheds his armor and trains his fighting skills away from the rest of the family for reasons no one seems to know.
1. “Now Ankh,” said Eiji calmly, “You need to apologize to Gentarou-kun.”
"ME? He’s the one running around here being a little prick!!"
2. Ankh turned to the young rider in question and made grabbing motions for his throat.
"If anything," Ankh growled, "Pinhead should be apologizing to US. He’s been nothing but annoying since he got here!" Eiji glowered at Ankh.
"Gentarou-kun has been trying to be friendly, Ankh. Maybe you should try to reach out to him as well."
3. “Reach out…?!”
"As in shake hands, Ankh."
The disembodied hand sputtered in response.
"Eiji, I’m not going to-"
"Yes, Ankh," interjected Eiji firmly, "If you want any peace around here, you should make an attempt too. Shake hands with Gentarou-kun."
4. “Oh!” piped up Gentarou, “Shaking hands? That reminds of this great song about friendship I heard!”
To the shock and horror of Eiji and Ankh respectively, Fourze broke out into song.
"ORE! TE WO TSUNAGO! CHOTTO MATTE-"
1. Wargreymon is sitting in a basket shaped like a present. There’s no real reason for him to be doing so, he just wanted to sit in the basket. It’s surprisingly comfy.
2. “Oi, Wargreymon,” says Beelzemon. “What’re you doing in that thing?”
“Oh, Beelzemon! I-I’m just sitting in this present thing…” Wargreymon swallowed his nervousness and managed to croak out, “W-would you like to join me? There’s room for one more…”
3. “Me? Sit in that girly thing? No way, jose,” Beelzemon said, turning up his nose. Honestly, the concept of a badass like sitting in something so cheesy… Ankh would have a heyday with that. Wargreymon looked rather dejected.
4. ”It’s ok if you don’t want to,” mumbled Wargreymon,” I understand…” And he did too. But despite his best efforts, he couldn’t stop Beelzemon from hearing the disappointment in his voice.
5. Ankh be damned. “F-Fine if you’re gonna make such a fuss about it! Move over and let me in.”
“Really?! I-I mean… Really? You don’t have to if you don’t want to, I would never pressure you to-“
“SCOOCH OVER ALREADY, JEEZE.”
6. And so they sat. An awkward silence descended on the two as Beelzemon lost himself in his thoughts. He hated disappointing Wargreymon, and he had to admit that the basket was rather comfy. Especially when sitting next to-
7. “So I decided we should try a new brand of tea for lunch. I found this nice chamomile on sale and though-“
“OI! HOW CAN YOU JUST NONCHALANTLY START TALKING ABOUT TEA AT A TIME LIKE THIS?!”
So a package arrived today, carrying with it the GIFT OF FRIENDSHIP.
Eiji isn’t quite sure how he feels about this, but Wargreymon seems to like the new guys so…
Not Picture: Beelzemon and Ankh finally settling their differences in the interest of working together to rid them of their shared problem. Namely, the shiney headed idiot who keeps screaming about what time it is.
(The time is always “space”)
Do YOU have an Action Family?
Action Families can come in all shapes and sizes. Figma, D-Arts, Figuarts, it doesn’t matter WHERE they’re from.
If you have an Action Family, why not send a message to mine? I’m sure my guys would love to hear from some Action Cousins around the Tumblrsphere! Just hit the “Submit” button on my blog and send us a picture!
AHey everyone, and welcome to ACTION FAMILY! The blog about a bunch of expensive-ish Japanese action figures and the shit they do in my basement! Or dining room table. Wherever the hell I am at the time really.
Have you ever had that one figure in your collection that you absolutely adored? The one that, for whatever reason, is the first you pick up to pose when you sit down at your desk? The one that you put into hilarious situations that make you laugh?
Have you ever taken the time to notice how REAL they feel to you?
An action family is a group of toys that, either from your extended exposure to them, or maybe just a touch of crazy on your part, have spawned numerous headcanons about their day to day interactions with each other, their surroundings, and you.
This blog is about such a group of plastic. I collect Figuarts and D-arts, although I plan on branching out to other series such as Figma or Monster-arts when my wallet will let me. Using doll accessories (1/12th scale ftw) and random toys I pick up at drug stores, I take funny pictures of my toys and post them on Tumblr. It’s quite fun actually.
I hope you enjoy what I post and aren’t too terribly offended by my shaky and blurry camera. If it helps, I’m not using a cellphone cam. That’d just be silly.